Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Getting out of a Funk

Sometimes when you are in a funk, haven't had your required beauty sleep in ages {thank you Donovan for that, by the way}, annoying health issues and the house is a disaster, when the kids are taking turns being sick instead of all at once...you have to fake it till you feel it. 

For me that includes an incredibly wild family wrestle, with all 6 of us last night before bed.  As in, on the way into their beds.... when most parents are quietly taking children out of lavender infused baths, dimming lights, singing lullabyes..... Hublover and I gave each other "The Look and Wink."  We charged upstairs which sent all 4 children running and squealing, somehow wound up on opposite sides, and we tickeled and wrestled our babies until we were all out of breath.

We did eventually come to our senses, and tuck them quietly in under some heavy quilts {Hello cold Autumn nights}, shut the door to their quiet giggles and whispers to each other, and cart the Boy off to his little room.  And the last thing he said to me before he fell asleep (before he woke up 4 more times) was "I love you Mom. I seewious. I pwomise."  And I felt it. Pure peace and happiness. That extra special "something" down in our souls for our children that can make you push all the bad right out the window, shut it tight and close the curtains. 
I keep finding him asleep in the hall.  He's weird.


How do you put your kids to bed?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment