Thursday, May 19, 2011

Always Changing River

This last six months have marked quite a change in my life.
I took a break...again... from school.  Because I was a blubbering baby about not being around my babies more. 
I'm going back to El Salvador in one month.
I discovered my passion.
Orphan Advocacy.
I detest fund raising.  I hate asking for money. Hate it.  Its discouraging. 
However,
this quote strikes at my very core.

 "Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid He might ask me the same question." (anonymous)

I get irritated with God sometimes.
There.  I said it. I cannot wrap my mind around child abuse and people allowing children all over the world to starve.
But we let it happen.
I don't accept "Compassion Fatigue."
Are you sick and tired of people asking you to donate money left and right for every single worthy cause?
Well,
I'm sick and tired of babies dying all over the world of easily curable problems and starvation that would never occur in The States.
So, instead of just being sad about it, I'm going to put my actions where my words are and DO something.
In a couple of weeks I'm going to launch a new Orphan Advocacy Website.
I'm going to irritate my Missions Director at my church with questions and ideas for orphanage sponsorship.
I'm so excited!!!
If your river isn't flowing and changing, it means you are a stagnant puddle.  I don't want to be a puddle.
I want to be this

(microsoft stock photo)

Because I cannot accept this

A huge thank you to the ladies who attended my first "Girls Night In" fundraiser for a specific orphange in Ethiopia last week.  Your generosity blew me away.
I'm off to go love and snuggle my babies.  Who were lucky enough to be born in this country, and have a mommy and daddy to hold them and giggle with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment