Thursday, October 8, 2009

Misc.


Donovan is now 9 months old. His first 7 months he spent being teeeennnyyy tiny. At his 7 month appointment he weighed 15 1/2 pounds. I weighed him on our home scale today and he is 20 lbs.!!! None of my girls weighed that much until after their first birthdays. Let alone gaining 5 pounds in two months. He has taken a definite liking to baby food and cheerios. He can eat and eat and eat. And then have a full bottle. Donovan is also having a hard time with some top teeth that are taking their dear sweet time to come in, and the only time he is happy is when I am holding him, as we learned at the gym yesterday.... with disastrous consequences. The child care workers said they never have seen a baby get THAT hysterical. Which of course he stopped instantly when he was in my arms and clutched onto me like a spider monkey. He now walks along the couch, wants to stand and grab anything that he can't reach and isn't allowed to touch, espcially Daddy's stereo equipment. Just this week he figured out clapping to music and loves to smile whenever we tell him "no." He also loves the bathtub and has what I like to call "propellar" arms as he splashes from the moment his tushy touches the tub. There is little I enjoy more than cuddling my little boy after he has had his bath and his hair is all fuzzy and smelling good from the baby soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment