Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The story behind the title

Something is missing (emotionally), and missing (literally) from my life here in Ohio.... my family. When I was 10 years old we moved from Oregon on our trek across the midwest. As my dad was transferred he left daughters that fell in love and married along the way. Anyway, long story short, I now live in a state alone. (with Alex and my kids, but still alone) I have some good friends, but they aren't replacements for my sisters, my mom and dad, brother. Alex's family is here but they aren't the kind that get together and play cards or Taboo or watch movies or go to the zoo together or just chat over coffee. I want to be with my family. Over the years the very closest friends I have had consistently are my sisters and my mom. I talk to them every day. We chat, we laugh, we vent....but I want to run to the grocery store with them, make them dinner and babysit when they have a baby, play at the park with all our children who are growing up without cousins. I want to go to a movie with them or a double date.....the list goes on and on. I've been trying to live in contentment and peace in God with His plan, its a daily struggle. Has been every day for the last 7 years. It doesn't help that the man of my dreams has ZERO desire to ever leave. So I will keep on waiting on God to give me my heart's desire. Waiting (on God) in Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mari, I'm so sorry that your heart hurts over this. It's so hard feeling lonely even when surrounded by your immediate family. I hope God does give you the desires of your heart!
    Love you hon!

    ReplyDelete