Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm deeply saddened today by some news I got yesterday from an old, good friend of mine in Iowa. He and his wife were expecting their baby girl this week, but instead of bringing her home they are burying her today. They had a routine appointment on Monday, then two days later she was stillborn for no apparent reason.

First of all, I don't even know how that is possilbe. "no apparent reason". I don't get that. Second of all, I know what it feels like to lose a baby. The three year anniversary of my miscarriage is actually on the same day that they lost their baby. However, I do not know what it is like to carry a baby for nine months, go though all the appointments, baby showers, decorating the nursery, countless shopping trips, have everything be normal and then not come home with my precious baby. I can't fathom that. They went to the hospital with a special outfit probably to dress their baby in for its first car ride home, probably had the carseat all ready.... and then nothing. I can't fathom going home to a cute little bedroom all set up and closet full of clothes, none of which will get used. I know the pain....but I can't wrap my mind around this. Please pray for my friend and his wife. They are going through something today that no one should ever have to.

So I am going to go and stare hard at my little Donovan and be SO eternally thankful that he is here next to me, healthy, and sleeping away. And then I'm going to go kiss my three daughters. And I'm going to pray hard for that poor couple who lost their first baby... for no apparent reason.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Mari. Oh wow. This completely breaks my heart! Is this someone I know - is there anything I can do to help??

    PS I sent you an email but I don't know if I have your current email address. Can you email me? faithfloats247@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete