Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New House

I feel like I need a new house. It seems like all our furniture is crammed in, and there is clutter everywhere. But its clutter I've been thru and still seem to need, so I can't get rid of it. For someone who has a lot of closets in her house, I still don't seem to have enough storage space. I think the problem is that our desk for bills and laptop are in my dining room. No matter how hard I try I can't keep that area clean. And as for decorating...... I have pieces of inspiration that I would love to work a whole room around, but my ideas end there. I am terrible with paint colors, and I have three rooms that connect, and I can't figure out how to make them each meld curtain-wise because you can sit in the living room and see the windows in the dining room and the den. Maybe they don't even have to match, but be similar???? Maybe I can just let the den do its own thing and then coordinate the living room and dining room. Its kind of a dark room, and I would like to lighten it up, but not paint it white. Oh my goodness......so stressful! That and, I have no place to put the new baby, but that is a whole new post of its own!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I do know how that feels!! That's how I felt in our old lace! I felt like it was always essy or cluttered, even after we cleaned it seemed like there was clutter because there wasn't enough room to put everything! That's why I'm LOVING this place, it actually gets CLEAN, like for REAL clean! I was NEVER proud to have people over at our old place, I would constantly make excuses for how it looked and for the mess... But now I love having people over, I am proud of it!

    Anywho, as for the clutter - is there some way you could find containers to help organize? I know having any sort of paperwork in the kitchen/dining room makes it REALLY hard to keep clean. Seems mail and bills are always coming in. Painting white would probably help a lot, even if it just makes it LOOK bigger or more open! But with a baby on the way, yeah that would be a lot on your plate.

    Oops, this is really long! And sorry it takes me so long to comment, I think because you're private it doesn't show me when you update (or I haven't done it right) so I didn't see that you had a new post till I came here from your comment. I'll just have to check more often! Hope you and the fam are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete