Saturday, September 27, 2008

Layla's musings on age and God

Mom?

Yes Baby

Is God sitting on top of the sky right now?

God is everywhere honey, just like the air. We just can't see him.

Mom?

Yes Layla.

How are you and Daddy going to fit inside my heart when you're dead? Cuz Jesus is already in there.

*The other night Alex was teasing the girls that I am not going to have a birthday.

Layla- "Mommy has to turn 26 cuz she has to die."

(I told her that I wasn't going to die until I she was a grandma or a 100 a few days ago, so now she figures I have to turn every age so that I can die)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a precious girl!!! I love listening to the little ones figure out "this whole God thing". Cody talks about Jesus more and more and he'll catch me off guard sometimes with the things he comes up with! But I love that he's catching on and curious!

    Hey, don't die on your birthday, ok?

    ReplyDelete