Thursday, March 8, 2012

Run the Race

Running.  Sounds simple right?  No real equipment needed.  You don't need to be particularly skilled, and its not too complicated.  For many however, it is really hard.  You may have asthma (as I do) that challenges a desire to run free, or one may have a few {ahem} extra pounds that makes it a trifle more difficult. 

I would like to submit that the challenge of running is miniscule compared to what people in our country and out of it go through on a daily basis to survive.  People are battling cancer and other debilitating diseases.  Families are starving to death in huts.  Children are abandoned and orphaned at alarming rates and left vulnerable to human traffickers..... and I'm worried about how much mulch I need to spread in a few weeks! 

The point is this, do good. We are all busy.  We all have struggles.  We all have jobs and families.  Do Good anyway.  Run and do good.  Every labored breath, or stitch in your side or cramp in your calf is little compared with what is going on in our world.

I would like to offer you 3 opportunities to Run For Good! Some of them you can even walk.  Walking is more my style right now, until I work my way up to running. 

1.As Our Own has multiple cities where you can join in the race to help support girls rescued in India out of brothels.

I WILL RUN from As Our Own on Vimeo.

2. Ordinary Hero is joining the Country Music Marathon in Nashville.  They have a team for the full marathon, half and walking half!  Awesome.  I wish it wasn't 8 hours away, I would be there for sure!  Their annual fundraiser is that night also and sound like a fantastic, inspiring event.  You do not want to miss it.


3. Or pick any race in your area, and run for Compassion International.  Have your friends and family pledge support for you and get a Team Compassion jersey to show your support. And if you are physically unable to run, you can support any walker/runner to make your voice heard!

Have you run for good? 

No comments:

Post a Comment