Saturday, April 17, 2010

To Tell the Truth....








*I bring disinfectant gel everywhere, however if I'm dealing with a day where Donovan doesn't want to stop yelling at me and he drops his skittle on the ground, I pretend I didn't see it happen as he pops it back in his mouth.

*I don't buy organic, but I also don't buy canned. Fresh or frozen is good enough for me.*I don't use cloth diapers or wipes, but I did breastfeed my babies and I recycle all of our plastic, aluminum, glass and paper

*I'm the mom at the park another blogger described this week that made me chuckle. The reason? I have daughters who don't care if they don't match or have their hair brushed, I rarely remember kleenex, and sometimes have to use the kid in question's shirt, I'm the one constantly doing a roll-call to make sure no one has run off with my runny nosed, screechy, giggling, gorgeous, hilarious, mismatchedkids

*I drag them out of the park because they can't possibly leave before all the fun has been had.

*I'm not crafty, but I love to buy others' crafty items

*My family photos are all on my computer, not printed, not organized and certainly not in a scrapbook. Scrapbooking terrifies me. I would pay someone to scrapbook for me.

*My son rarely wears matching socks, I just can't find his matching, clean socks.

*This morning I pretended to be asleep as my 7 year old daughter got her baby brother out of his crib, carried him downstairs, put him in his highchair and gave him a bottle. When I didn't hear any crying, I went back to sleep all the way.

I have my moments of Mom Greatness and Perfection. We made it to storytime at the library, I got up and was Happy and I Knew It, as the other moms sat in their chairs. I found my Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and Addison and Donovan may have loved my participation or may have had their first ever moments of mommy humiliation. But at the time, they had huge grins, giggled and clapped for more and that is the best reward I could ever receive. While I needed ubsurd amounts of coffee to make it through the week, I was able to ooh and ahh over every new tulip bloom with them, stare transfixed at a tiny window to the ballet studio as my little ladies danced and wiggled to "Mr. Postman,." I got countless hugs and kisses this week, and consoled a daughter who got one wrong math problem. I pretended to chase my baby boy for the sheer, innocent, unbridled laugh that can only come from one so young and carefree, who thinks I am ridiculously funny. I have my moments. Moments of mommy perfection. Not because I achieve perfection, but because BEING a mommy IS perfection.

Then Alex came home, dipped me for a kiss in the kitchen and I achieved wife perfection. Its been a horrendously hard week. But it was a good week.

4 comments:

  1. I love you and I love this post :) Lots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy perfection is knowing that the time is short, and enjoying it. I think you have reached it! Love the fact that you love your kids unstintingly, and unendingly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted on Jeannett's blog! Now I have another talented blog to read! Great post!

    ReplyDelete