Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten and Preschool

This is it. Tomorrow morning our lives will change forever. No more picking up and walking to the park whenever, going out of town with Alex during the week, running errands whenever it suits us, taking the girls out for lunch, heading to the children's room at the library at any point in the day........... This is the point in which parent's lives go from complete independence to following a school schedule. What a pity party eh? I could go further. I could include the fact that they aren't just going to come running in at any given moment to give me a big kiss, I no longer feed three children lunch, only one, no more cuddly rest times in the afternoon, no more walks in the morning, or hugs every 1/2 hour or so. They are going to have a blast, they are going to learn so much and love growing up.....mama, no so much. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I will have some extra time with just Addison that we have never had before, but considering she will go straight for a nap after Layla heads for school in the afternoon, and I will wake her up to go get Izzy from the bus stop, it really isn't that much time. I may just get myself a nap though.

No comments:

Post a Comment